January 11, 2013

Bonus Room Progress Photos

Over the last couple of weeks I've been tackling a huge project.  Decluttering our bonus room, it was one of many of my New Year's resolutions.  You can read about our bonus room and see the horrible, embarrassing photos that I dared share with you here.

I have made some major progress, yay!  My trash collector however is going to hate me today. On the bright side, whatever charity I donate to is gonna love me. :)

Below is the before and after photos, I say "after", but it's only a temporary after because I've yet to go through all the boxes remaining, but I'm happy, happy, happy with how much I've already sifted through.




Holy Moly, right?  Look at all that empty floor space, I admit it...I danced a jig when I finished for the day.

The carpet is "extra" carpet left by the builder, we rolled it out in there right over the sub-floor to give us a cushy way to navigate the room.  When we finish that room we will be purchasing new carpet for that room and all the other bedrooms at the same time...nice cushy wonderful carpet, not builder's grade crapola.

This is the donate pile, it's about a 6' x 5' and behind the boxes (and chair) is a student's desk and it's all gonna be outta here once I'm done, that little area grows in size every time I work on the room:


On the far left do ya see the light stained wood table on it's side with the funky miter contraption attached to it?

Here, take a closer look:


That's my future upholstered tufted ottoman.  It just so happened that I ran across a tutorial for a tufted ottoman on a blog (via Pinterest) and can you believe the blogger/DIY'er who wrote the tutorial had my exact coffee table?  I squealed with delight when I saw that.  She made it look so easy and it turned out so gorgeous.  I can't wait to upholster that coffee table and turn it into a beautiful tufted ottoman.  Hubby will enjoy that piece of furniture the most I'm sure.  I knew saving that coffee table instead of donating it was a good idea...yippee for foresight.

I've already got ideas rolling around in my head for the vignette that I will display on the ottoman, those ideas will create a few more little projects where my craftiness will be tested once again.

So that's it for today...but it's enough right?  Anyone else doing a major declutter project?  Have you been putting it off as I have for years like I have?

Y'all have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    I guess this is my first time to visit your blog. Awesome blog and surely I will bring lots of ideas to Stockholm.

    Goodness...you really fixed the chaos. Now, hubby have grows coz it reminds his garage. Not fix yet but hopefully soon when snow melt away.

    Enjoy your w/end.
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CC Girl, my name is Audrey, not sure where you got Cindy, lol. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Love IT!! I just signed up to be in your blog with Google+ friends. Thanks for the post. It is one of my passions to reuse and re-purpose and this turned out great!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you were alking about one of my other posts, but thanks anyway! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Audrey,
    You have a beautiful home! That bonus room has so much space. Looks like you made significant progress in it. Great work! Thanks for stopping by. I will follow you back!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry for the compliment on my (work in progress) home and thanks for visiting and following! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, our storage area is ATROCIOUS. Want to come over and make a dent in it? I'm saving that one for last, because I know it will take the longest! It's just a catch all for everything! Great work here and thanks for linking up to my January party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Jenny...this decluttering is going to take me f.o.r.e.v.e.r!!! I am hating it and loving it at the same time. I just finished clearing out 2 boxes but of course one went back up because I found things I just couldn't part with but didn't want "out around the house". I guess it will be a 2 phase declutter. Do the obvious first and then go back and force myself to get rid of the rest and/or pack it away in the attic...then my daughter can deal with it when I'm dead and buried, LOL!!! Seriously, it is so awful!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...