January 8, 2013

Foyer Makeover Part 2

Slowly but surely my little foyer is coming together.  My table (gift from hubby) arrived over the weekend and I couldn't wait to set it up and start accessorizing.

The table arrived early in the morning and I was surprised to see it all put together when I woke up. Kudos to the hubs, right?

I love it's shape and instead of it being totally black there's "distressed" areas of gold on the edges...love that!


It's so perfect in that small area, the perfect size, not too big and not too small.  I tend to err on the side of minimalism rather than have so much stuff that it screams "cluttered".


So here we are my friends, my wonderful table:


And from the other side:


Here's a closer look at the table, I really love the lines of it:


The "P" monogram frame was made by Kristin @ Kristin's Creations, she is so talented and makes some really beautiful things, check her site out when you get a chance.

Here's a tighter shot for y'all:


The vase is temporary, the colors definitely match but the bamboo design doesn't really go with my theme and/or style, but for now it'll do until I find (or make) another.

So what do y'all think of the mirror hanging above the table?  You can read about that makeover here.  I think it's the perfect size for the space:


This a shot of the table area from the middle of our living room, I like that it doesn't "dominate" that space like the (horrible) piece of furniture that was there before.


But............I still need to do something on that other blank wall to the left of the door.  Nothing can really sit there (on the floor) because there's only about an 8 inch clearance to work with, well, other than a skinny floor vase or the like, but definitely not a bench or other piece of furniture.  But that wall definitely needs something.  I have a few ideas brewing and I am getting some good ideas from Pinterest but I'm all ears if you have any suggestions.


Here's a shot head on, front and center:


Table love, I'm feeling it.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I've started the foyer makeover...sorry for flooding you with pictures, but I'm just in love with this little area now, I so used to hate my foyer.


Stay tuned...part 3 of the foyer makeover will be coming up soon.  Now I'm headed back up to the bonus room to break more fingernails, pull more muscles, take on a few bruises while freezing my patootie off.  In case you're wondering what I'm talking about...you can read about it here.

Have a great day!

I shared this post with all the great blogs hosting link parties found here.

26 comments:

  1. Audrey, your table looks beautiful! That is just the perfect spot for it! You decorated it so pretty. Love the vase and the frame. Very, very nice! The other side of your front door may be the perfect spot for a nice painting or maybe one of those long pretty framed mirrors. My previous home used to have an entrance similar to yours and I added a long mirror to it. You won't believe me, but it made the area look bigger and it is nice to check yourself out on the way out the door. LOL Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment Maria and thanks for stopping by! I thought about a big mirror and actually have a really nice one but will have to make a frame for it if that's the way I go. Have a great day!!!

      Delete
  2. Forgot to say, I am your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new table! And I LOVE your couches. I want them! I really enjoy your traditional look, and I've started gravitating towards that look in my own home. It's more sophisticated and grown up. Beautiful home and beautiful blog. I'll be reading more, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliments Allison and thanks for stopping by. I bought the sofa and love seat at Haverty's a couple of years ago, maybe they still have that style? Have a great day!!!

      Delete
  4. Love your new table! It looks great and your home is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna and thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. That's a nice addition to your room, Audrey. How about a nice decorative piece several feet long with old fashioned cast iron hooks for that wall? I wouldn't clutter it up with lots of jackets and coats but it would provide a place for guests to hang their jackets while visiting. Just a thought.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Terri. I had thought about that too. I saw something very similar to what you're talking about on Pinterest. They used an old door, painted it up added support for the bottom and added hooks, it looked great. Thanks again and have a great evening.

      Delete
  6. Hi Audrey! Nice Foyer! Im decorating my (small)foyer as well and I want a table but they all seem to be too long..Your table looks like the right size...Just wondering were you got it so I can check out the dimensions..Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kysha and thanks for stopping by! I bought my table at Kirkland's, I believe they only offer it online but I got free shipping so it worked out. If your foyer is small as well I think you will really like this table, it's a perfect size! Thanks again and have a great day.

      Delete
  7. I love this wreath. I too collect corks but I think I am going to need a lot more before I try to make a wreath. I'm your newest follower. Stop my blog when you have a minute as WWW.sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geri and thank you for stopping by and following. I'll go check out your blog as well. (I think you meant to comment on the wreath post but that's okay, lol) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. Your foyer table looks lovely! Thanx for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamela and thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.

      Delete
  9. I love these colors!! It's looks just beautiful:) Can't wait to see what you do with the other side:)

    Hopping over from Talking about Thursdays to meet you and follow:)
    (Now following via GFC and LInky)

    If you get a chance would love to invite you to hop over and join Let's Get Social Sunday to link up your blog and all your social sites to make new friends and gain more followers:)
    http://www.myturnforus.com/

    Hope to see your there:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn and thanks for stopping by, the follow and the invitation, I will definitely check it out. Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. I found you at the Talkin About Thursday Party and I’ve become your newest follower on GFC. I’m also hosting a party this week and I would love for you to come by and share this at my party - Fluster’s Creative Muster.
    http://www.flusterbuster.com/2013/01/flusters-creative-muster-party-4.html

    Hugs and Smiles,

    Robin
    @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I'll head on over there and check it out. Thanks again!

      Delete
  11. Very pretty! I love the style of the table. The picture frame initial is very pretty too! Thanks for linking up to . Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party4/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DeDe and thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

      Delete
  12. Great table! I love the shape too.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan and Bentley and thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of the weekend.

      Delete
  13. Cute! Love that "P" creation. It really sets that table off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by! Have a great evening.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...