January 9, 2013

Glaming Up The Ficus

I've been slaving away at decluttering our (unfinished) bonus room that I will share my progress with you in a few days.  But, unfortunately it's left little time for the "fun stuff".  Bummer.

But I did manage to string up my new light set on my faux (it's not fake, it's faux!) ficus tree.  Some people don't care much for these in terms of home decor, but I do love this one for the spot it's in.  It sits in what I call a useless corner and I can't think of a better thing to put there.

But, it was missing something, the glam factor.  So when I was out shopping for Christmas decor this year I grabbed a string of some cute lights to string on the ole Ficus.

I opted to go for a larger bulb as opposed to the standard twinkle bulbs we all know and love.



That's the ticket!  Bright, big bulbs.

The sad, dark, plain ole Ficus:


And the dressed up, glammed up, shiny and bright Ficus:


It's amazing that such a small change can make such a big statement.

Here it is in the dark with all my lamps turned off::


Great ambiance.  I'm liking my Ficus again.  The lights gave it a great new look, brightened up that dark corner and added some sparkle to the living room.

I have another busy day planned...an orthodontic appointment, I'll be so glad when these braces come off!  If you'd like to read about my journey with adult braces hell, (lol) you can check out my progress here.  I started that blog to keep track of my progress and as a "sharing info" site for all those adults who are considering getting braces for themselves.  I'm surprised at the feedback I've gotten from it and am glad that it's helped some people along the way.

I also have to take my cat to the vet in the morning.  He's not doing to well and I'm worried to death. So if all goes well, I'll be back in the bonus room decrapifying, if not I don't know what I'll do.

On a side note, I was thrilled when Judy from DIY By Design contacted me about featuring my post about making a wine cork wreath this week for her "Winter Blues Wednesday Link Party".  Thank you so much Judy, I am honored!

Have a great day everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Love the lights on the ficus, it really does create such a great glow in the corner. I had adult braces too, plus when I was young. Two times at wearing them. Hate it all. Hope yours are off soon. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty and thank you for stopping by. And YES...I can't wait for the braces to come off!!! Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Martina and thanks for the compliment! Have a great evening.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...