January 17, 2013

It's The Little Things...Long Overdue Little Things

As I've told y'all before, we moved into our new home in March 2007, keep that in mind as I do some 'splainin.

Our master bedroom is used for sleepin'.  Other than sleeping and the usual married couple activities, ;) we really don't go in there.  The hubs doesn't like to read in bed, watch TV in bed, nothing.  So, it will probably be the last room we do anything with.

I know, I know, it should be a retreat for us, a place we want to be, a place with romantic ambiance and beauty all around, but it's not.  We have a bed, hodgepodge nightstands, one (very old) 80's dresser, an old TV (meaning no flat screen) sitting on a computer desk that used to be in the living room.

And let's not forget the lovely elliptical machine...good for the hubs health, bad for decor.  What's worse is it will remain there until we finish out the bonus room above the garage.

You know how you get used to things, no matter how bad or ugly or non-functioning they are?  The result...a task inevitably ends up on the back burner, repeatedly.

Like this:



You see it right...how, in the name of all that is holy, did I put this off for nearly 5 years???


I'm so embarrassed (blushing with shame).  Towels for window treatments, clipped onto nails with binder clips.

But yesterday that all ended, I removed the towels and gave the windows a thorough cleaning, inside and out.


Thanks to JCPenney's quality hardware and instructions, this task wasn't near as bad as it could have been.  Of course, if I were a tad stronger it would have been w.a.y. easier.

I'm a roman blind kinda girl.  Which is a good thing because there is absolutely NO WAY to mount anything inside the window frame with only a quarter of an inch to work with.  Again...what was the builder thinking?  So much for showing off the beautiful trim right?  One day, when I paint, get new furniture, etc., I'll hang some drapes of some sort but the roman blinds will stay, they are my "mini blinds" and are must haves.

But that's okay because I do love the roman blinds.  I have them all over the house and plan on getting more for other windows I've neglected.

Doesn't this look so much better?


Not to mention how much easier it will be to shed light in the bedroom.  (Please excuse that monstrosity between the windows.)

Here's a closer look.



I don't know WHY I put this off for so long.  Busy with life, other projects, whatever...it's done now.

Look again:

BEFORE
AFTER
I will never put stuff like this off again, (repeating that over and over).  It's a lofty ambition but I'll give it a shot.

Last photo, I promise:


I'm in love, maybe this will motivate me to do something with our bedroom?  I can hope...

6 comments:

  1. When we moved into our home over 20 yrs. ago, we had bed sheets on the windows for a while. The shades look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn and thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Audrey, I'm very much loving your shades! So, are you sort of diving into creating the bedroom you want? I know y'all will have it decorated perfectly. New readers, you need to check out what Audrey and her husband did to their formal dining room. Awesome!
    I can't wait to see that bedroom makeover! Save the old photos for before and after when you announce it! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, I'm kinda diving into a lot of different projects but the bedroom is kinda gonna be last on the list...maybe. I'll definitely share the before and afters when I do! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness, drove your mama crazy!! Lol, good job! Now lets get to work and put your mamas sewing talent to work!! Love you Baby girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...