January 16, 2013

My Favorite Photo of the Exterior of Our Home

Blogging is w.o.r.k.!  That is just one of the many things I've learned while setting up this blog and tweaking it daily, writing posts, joining link parties and entering them on a "page"/tab so that I can return and enter them next week, typing out new blogs I discover on my blog roll so that I can check their new posts and not miss a thing, managing my pictures on a photo host, taking pictures of projects and/or crafts as I do them, etc.

Work I tell ya, it's work!

But I enjoy it.  I enjoy reading other blogs, gaining inspiration like ca-ray-zee, seeing all the cool projects y'all have in the works and oh-em-gee at all the yummy recipes and photos of food.  Yum!

So yesterday, I spent so much time doing some of the above that I didn't have time to do anything on my "to do and then blog about" list.  Bummer.

So, since I need to share something I thought I'd share one of the most favorite photos of our house...because it's covered in blissful, wonderful, beautiful, Heavenly...SNOW.



Now it's NO secret to those who know me know that I adore snow.  It could stay like this all winter long and I'd be happy.  This was back in January of 2010 and we got just over a foot of snow.  That was the winter we had three storms like this, one in December, one in January and one in February. I was in Heaven.  Storms like this are rare in my neck of the woods.

Our little bench was hiding.


We had to park our cars at the end of our driveway because although we live "down" a hill on our street, our driveway climbs up towards our house, tricky.  As soon as we heard snow was on it's way we drove our cars to the end of the driveway, and there they stayed.


Why?  Because there was no way we could make it up the hill on the street, no one did, so the kids on our street made the best of it sliding down the hill on whatever they could find while we waited on the plows.


The plows didn't come...until the third day, one of the concessions of living out in the country I guess. Then the plow got stuck at the bottom of our street and couldn't get out so the county had to hire a grader to come clear the road.


I didn't even mind clearing the cars.  The hubs was happy that I enjoyed the snow so much, he didn't have to clear off either car or the sidewalk and stairs.  I was like a kid, "I'll do it, I'll do it!"

The poor deer were hungry, luckily back then we were still feeding them, I just poured the corn on top the snow and we had a steady stream of deer on and off all day long.  I sure love them, they're a perk of living in the country, we laughingly call them our wild pets.


People think I'm crazy for my snow obsession.  Forget the beach as a vacation, let's go snow skiing in the Rockies!  I grew up snow deprived in in the hellish heat of Arlington, TX.  When I moved to VA in 2000 it was a welcome climate change.  There still isn't enough snow but it's an improvement!

Newsflash:  the weatherman, God bless his soul, has informed us that we may get a few inches tomorrow night.  I hope he's right and I hope and pray we get more than just a few inches, bring on a couple of feet!!!

10 comments:

  1. I love the snow too Audrey! We had 4 to 5 inches overnight the kids are home today so we were able to sleep in:) Love the deer too, I would happily feed them but living in a sub division I think my neighbors would kill me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Martina, keep your fingers crossed for me to get some snow. :) And yes, you're right, you won't be too popular with your neighbors if you feed the deer, lol

      Delete
  2. Audrey, we don't get much snow way down in this part of SC but I hope we do get a little this season. We got several light snows last winter but not much. Around here, when it snows everything seems to stand still for a little while and I love that little period of total peace and quiet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby is from SC, the weather there reminds of TX...hot. :) I agree with you about the "stand still" with peace and quiet, I love that too. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

      Delete
  3. When I see beautiful pics like this I miss the snow. Living in NC we don't see much white stuff, that's for sure. I just love your blog and I'm a new follower. Stop on over when you get a chance and say, "hi".

    www.mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com

    Have a crazy beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're expecting 2-5 inches tomorrow night, I'm super excited! I'll be by your blog shortly.

      Delete
  4. Girl, you are crazy! lol! I'm a "born and raised" Virginian, and I can honestly say that I've seen so much snow in my lifetime that it would not hurt my feelings one bit if I NEVER saw it again! I moved to NC in 1994 and lived there for 14 years before moving back to VA in 2007 to be with my boyfriend (now husband). The winters there were so much milder than what we have in VA. I loved it there! We now live in a tiny town in the far southwestern part of the state, near the WV and TN borders. It started snowing here today around 1 pm and it's now 5 pm and we have over 6 inches and it's STILL coming down. It wouldn't bother me so bad if I didn't have to get out in it and drive. Ugh! I really enjoy your blog and your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Donna, everyone thinks I'm nuts, especially my hubby, he does NOT like cold or snow. It just started here about 30 minutes ago, I'm like a kid I'm so excited, lol. Thanks for the compliment on our home and thanks for stopping by! Have a good (warm) evening.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Lorie, have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...