January 25, 2013

Ottomans, Accessories and Crazy Busy!

It's been a busy couple of days but I haven't gotten everything completed like I wanted to.  Ever have "one of those weeks"?

Yesterday I was totally distracted of course with my new camera, reading the huge manual, getting to know all the little buttons, icons, and DSLR terms.  Oh my Gosh!  There's so much to learn but I'm so excited to finally own this baby and I will (one way or another) master using it!

I started a little project earlier this week that I'm not to sure about, I think I need to tweak it a little more before I share the final reveal but here's a little sneak peek.

BEFORE
AFTER


You can't really tell from the before photo, but that piece was not a beautiful creamy, dreamy, pretty color like it appears to be in the picture.  It was a hideous yellowy-green color...I can't ever imagine someone liking whatever color it was and it almost went into the trash can, but I saved it for years knowing I'd eventually find the perfect spot for it and give it a makeover.

So I pulled the colors from my roman blinds as it will hang between two windows and we desperately need more of the spice color in out living room as opposed to the all brown leather sofa and loveseat and cherry tables and the olive green draperies...bring on the deep spice color!  You can read about my living room and see before and after photos here.

But, I'm still not happy with it so once I figure out what it needs I'll share the final outcome.

Guess what!!!  This weekend I'm starting another big project (well it's big for me).  You see what I mean when I say that I always have so many things going on at once...drives hubby ca-ray-zee!  He's a "finish what you start, do one thing at a time" kinda guy but he loves me despite my "can't focus on just one thing-ness", so it all works out.

Remember the ottoman that I told you about (with photos) in this post?  Well, the hubs and I are going shopping this weekend for everything I need to get that done and crossed off my list...hopefully by the end of next week.  You can read about the McGees' tufted ottoman here.  But here's a preview, I have that exact coffee table and I'm going to upholster it just as the blogger did in the tutorial...only I will be doing it totally different colors.  I'm so excited!

Source

Isn't that fab?  I thought about using a color like Candice Olson did in one of her living room makeovers (picture below).  I love this color ottoman and the color is so similar to that "spicey" color in my roman blinds.  I love this entire room, just gorgeous!

Source

I adore Candice Olson by the way.  She is the ultimate designer and I don't think she's ever done anything that I didn't like.

It's supposed to snow here today, yay!  Maybe we'll get as much as in the picture below...unfortunately not.

Source

Update on my cat, Jasper, he is all better, you can read about him and his recent adventure here.

So that kinda sums up my week and weekend.  Y'all make it a good one!



8 comments:

  1. You have been keeping yourself busy!! Can't wait to see what you've been up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Martina, have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Glad I'm no the only one who has several projects going at once! I love that spicy color too and am contemplating painting my front door that color. Waiting for warmer weather on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danni, I thought about painting my front door a spicey-rust color too!!! Great minds think alike ;) Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing the ottoman project!

    I have to laugh about the snow pictures. It looks like the road to Crater Lake (Oregon) during the winter!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam and thanks for stopping by, that's an amazing shot of clearing the road isn't it? Have a great night.
      Audrey

      Delete
  4. Hi! I am following from Aloha Friday! You really have some good stuff here:)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Scudds, thank you and thanks for stopping by! Have a great evening.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...