January 18, 2013

Snow Day!

I awoke to a winter wonderland this morning.  I felt like Ralphie in "The Christmas Story" when he woke up Christmas morning and ran to his window to look outside, that's exactly what I did.

Of course it was still dark out at 5:30 when the hubs got up, he looked out and promptly announced he's "taking a snow day".  I was shocked, this is a man that never calls in sick, he will take calls while on vacation, always available, etc.  He lucked out and had no meetings, nothing pressing and has his laptop in case anything comes up, so why not right?  Especially since it's all uphill to get out of our street, there were several storms in the past where we were snowbound for 3 days...that's what happens when you live in the country, plows take forever to get out here.  It's fine with me though, I enjoy him being home.

I'm kinda glad now that we haven't disposed of our Christmas tree yet, which still stands on our back deck. It has provided us with beautiful scenery.



Now...I'm a snow maniac, that is no secret, I think it's wonderful, beautiful, fun, perfect, blissful and there's nothing bad about it.  So forgive me if I go overboard with pictures, but I captured some gorgeous shots this morning and just had to share.  Like this one:


Our Boxwood's and Pencil Holly have laid down under the weight of the very wet snow.



And I love how it sticks to the branches of our Dogwood tree.


Check it out on the Pine tree, love this too:


This is our back yard, you can see hubby's deer proof garden, his pride and joy in the summer time which I will no doubt be sharing with you in the future.


Another beautiful tree shot:


Some views from our front porch where the sun is just starting to really peak out:



And this is part of our front yard and driveway:


The sun is really starting to shine now, the snow will start to melt late morning through the afternoon so I'm off to go play in it before it's gone.  And no, I'm not a kid, not even "young", I'm in my mid 40's and not ashamed to say that "I play in snow".


If I'm lucky hubby and I can get out later and maybe run to Lowe's for some much needed supplies.

Have a great day y'all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss the snow! Thank you for sharing yours.

    Have a winter wonderland weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hi Audrey! Just stopping by to visit your blog! Your home is absolutely beautiful as well as where you live! We have an Uncle that lives in Ashburn. Not sure if that's even close to you! We love your blog and thanks for stopping by ours! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Ashburn is in northern VA and we are south central. I'd love to see NOVA, I hear it's beautiful there. Thanks for the lovely comments and have a great weekend.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...