January 15, 2013

Thank You Pinterest and Pinners!!!

It's been gloomy, foggy & rainy yesterday and today and will be tomorrow as well.  Yesterday it was kind of fitting as I have completely over-done it in the bonus room and have felt pretty poorly.  I have a problem with wanting to get things done all at once, the quicker the better, but one can only do so much at a time...I have to keep reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Am I also the only person that will have several irons in the fire instead of concentrating all my time on one project at a time?  Please say it isn't so.

I've been pinning on my "computer break-time" and thought I'd share some of my faves that I plan on duplicating for my own home.

The dresser below is gorgeous and I would like to do this to my childhood dresser, it's in bad need of a makeover and is currently stored in our attic, time to bring it down and get 'er done.

Source

I saw this idea and went all goo-goo over it. I thought (and still am thinking) about doing this to our pantry door, it will look perfect because it's on a large wall and can support a larger piece.

Source
I'm so glad I ran across this pin, I've been needing to build a cornice for my living room window treatments.  We have French doors leading out to the back deck (soon to be a screened in porch) and I opted for JCPenney's pinch pleats on a traverse rod that pulls to the right.  They're great, love 'em, but when you open the curtains there's that ugly rod saying "hello there, I'm all white and mechanical looking".  So this is another project in the works.

Source
And then there's this lovely photo...and I can't visit the site because Pinterest says there's suspicious content within the linked site.   But this frame around our builder's basic mirror would be Heavenly.  I found other tutorials that I will follow but this picture represents my vision best.


The one I'm both dreading and looking forward to is painting below the chair rail and adding trim molding in our dining room (to match the ceiling and existing trim, a white color that I have to have professionally matched because our builder removed the label and left no clue as to what brand or color it is).  That's gonna be a tough job but the result will be so worth it.  You can see photos of my dining room as it currently is here.

Source
So that's just a little glimpse into what's swirling around in my head.  But seriously, I need to finish the projects I've started before moving on to these.

6 comments:

  1. Great pins! I LOVE that chunky frame around the bathroom mirror! We added picture molding in our hallway and dining room last year, I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martina for stopping by, I know I'm gonna love the molding, it adds such a statement.

      Delete
  2. Those are some really great pins! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit, sweet comment and of course the follow at The Dedicated House. It means the world. Wishing you a pretty day! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these pins! Your newest follower from Terrific Tuesday! :)

    Kathy @ lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Kathy, I'll check out your blog as well. Have a great evening.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...