February 4, 2013

Ever Have One Of Those...

...days, or in my case weekends, where absolutely nothing went as you planned?  And on top of everything that didn't go right...you got some news that totally, completely blew the wind out of your sails?  Well, I had one of those weekends.

The weather didn't cooperate with my plans of painting my corner wine cabinet.  It's a rather big piece and since I'm painting it to match the pewter finish on the table and chairs, it's going to require the good ole "spray paint" method.  I've already bought the paint, a perfect match and it's gonna be beautiful when it's finished, but I need to be able to spray it outside to avoid all the over-spray getting everywhere I don't want it to get.

This weekend, not only was it too cold and too humid for this to happen, we had winds that would rival a tropical storm.

To add insult to injury, I've had problems with my blog that are forcing me to look into moving to Wordpress.  Oh-em-geeee!  I can't even begin to tell you how intimidated I am by that prospect.


Even though I've had this blog for a while, I've only been blogging consistently for a little over a month. It was my New Year's resolution to stop procrastinating because of that familiar feeling of being overwhelmed, work diligently on our home and blog about my progress.  I've been slowly trying to build a following, joining link parties like a mad woman, interacting with other bloggers on their blogs, constantly improving my blog, etc., it's a lot to do and I've found that you can really get sidetracked with blogging and before you know it you've neglected your projects that you're supposed to be doing so you can blog about them.  Surely y'all can relate?!

So, I've arrived at the conclusion that, like someone once said, Rome wasn't built in a day.  I need to manage my time better so that I can, on a daily basis, dedicate time to 1. normal chores around the house, 2. work on my projects, 3. blog about my progress and, 4. learn Wordpress.  All while maintaining my sanity.

This weekend I did manage to update something I've been wanting to do for quite sometime, and since I've slowly been decluttering/cleaning out/tossing/donating all the "crapola" in our unfinished bonus room, I found what I was looking for to update our china cabinet in our formal dining room.  I will share that with you tomorrow since I've deprived you of photos of loveliness today.

Oh alright, I'll give you a little preview:


That picture by the way was taken with my brand new DSLR...I'm in love, love, love with this camera.

Thanks for listening to me whine...I know that y'all can relate, we've all been there right?


4 comments:

  1. Hi, new follower here! Beautiful glasses, and congrats on the DSLR - mine opened up a whole new world for me!
    www.decoratevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marium, thanks for stopping by and for the follow, I'll be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a great evening.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new camera!! I was ecstatic when I got mine about a year ago. You'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer and thanks for stopping by! Your new blog looks beautiful, I can't wait to move to WordPress! Have a great night.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...