February 19, 2013

Refrigerator Fix-Up & Shout Out to a Few Bloggers

A big shout out to:


For featuring my Ottoman Tray Lined with Wine Corks, Formal Dining Room Tour and Plans and my China Cabinet Tweak.  I have added your buttons to my "Featured Page" as well as on my sidebar.  Thank you very much for the feature, I'm honored to have been selected out of so many beautiful submissions.
 
And thank you so much to all those who have followed me via Google Friend Connect, Pinterest, Linky Followers, Networked Blogs (I just signed up for that last week so there's only a couple on that one and it's looking pretty lonely), Facebook, Twitter and/or Google+.  All of those can be found in my sidebar, there's a few buttons at the top and the rest are a little ways down the page...on the right.

So who else watches House Hunters?  Well, I do and I'm also "one of those" people who find myself talking to the TV (like the people can hear me) in complete aggravation when I hear them say, "Ewww, what an ugly paint color, we'd have to paint".  Like it's sooooooo hard to paint!!!  Ugh!

And, as much as I'd like to have all stainless steel kitchen appliances, again, I'm "one of those" people who just can't bring myself to spend all that money on new appliances when the old ones work fine.  So it irks me to no end to hear the potential home buyers say, "The appliances are white (or black) so we'll need to purchase new ones".  What???  Just because they're not stainless steel?  Hello, the appliances work, you're buying a new home, this isn't the time to buy appliances simply for cosmetic reasons!

Now, when I say old, I don't mean ancient or 1960's, 70's or 80's.  I mean the brand new ones that came with our new home or our refrigerator, which is 10-15 years old.  We inherited our fridge from my mother-in-law (God rest her sweet soul) when she passed, as part of her estate settlement.  There's a little sentiment there, as with everything my husband inherited upon her passing, so it's just difficult to "get rid of" for that reason alone, not to mention that it works pretty well.  Matter of fact, when we do buy a new refrigerator, we hope our current one is still in decent working shape so we can use it in the garage for soda and overflow fridge stuff.

However, the fridge will have to be replaced soon as we've noticed recently it isn't keeping consistent temps, but until then I've cosmetically improved it's look...just a tad.

There were several scratches on the front, quite a few, that it sustained during storage and transport from South Carolina to Virginia.  


And that's just a few of them.  The scratches had started to rust while in storage and since I'm such a lover of family photos I literally blanketed the fridge with pictures to cover the scratches...and see our family everyday.  


It's insane, I know.  But when I first did it I loved it, I had all of our family represented on our fridge, there's almost that many more on the left side too.  Eeeek!

But after a while I began to feel that "clutter feeling" and well...had to scale them down a bit.

That brought me back to the scratches.  What to do, what to do?


Y'all familiar with this stuff?  I wasn't, I had no idea such a thing ever even existed.  Makes sense though and I'm glad there is such a thing because it's exactly what I needed and it works brilliantly.  I wish I'd known to search for this stuff before.

Yay!  No more scratches.  And since there's no more scratches AND I feel the need to de-clutter, I've scaled back the photos to just our parents, our kids and grandkids...and a few special magnets.


Much better!  Every time we walk into the kitchen it's like that whole corner looks different.  I see it out of the corner of my eye and can't help but look over there and think, "dang it's such a huge difference, the whole kitchen looks brighter"!

As some of you who've read here before know...I'm decrapifying my bonus room, finding all kinds of goodies that have been stored in there for years...yes I said years. *blushing*  I'll never have to buy another picture frame again, e.v.e.r., and that's just some of them.  Got frames?


Well, that was kind of random.

I was not paid or compensated in any form by Rust-oleum.  I just wanted to share with my readers this useful tidbit of information.


4 comments:

  1. Audrey, what a smart girl you are! The fridge looks great!


    Bless you,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, thank you and thanks for coming by tonight! Have a wonderful evening. :)

      Delete
  2. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. Cut blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Melanie and for the follow! Have a wonderful day. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I love comments and try to answer every one of them so come on, talk to me :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...